About this course
This Introduction to Microsoft Word 2016 training class is designed for students new to working with Microsoft Word in Windows. Students will learn to create, edit, format, and print Microsoft Word documents.
Module 1: Creating a Microsoft Word Document
This module explains how to get started creating Microsoft Word documents.
- Starting a Microsoft Document
- Creating a Document
- Saving a Document
- Importing a File
- The Status Bar
- Closing a Document
Module 2: The Ribbon
This module explains how to work with the Ribbon in Microsoft Word.
- The Ribbon
Module 3: The Backstage View (The File Menu)
This module explains how to work with the many features located in the Backstage view.
- Introduction to the Backstage View
- Opening a Document
- New Documents and Word Templates
- Configuring Documents to Print
- Adding Your Name to Microsoft Word
- Adding Values to Document Properties
- Working with AutoSaved Versions of Documents
- Personalize their copy of Microsoft Word.
Module 4: The Quick Access Toolbar
This module explains how to work with the Quick Access Toolbar in Microsoft Word.
- Adding Common Commands
- Adding Additional Commands with the Customize Dialog Box
- Adding Ribbon Commands and Groups
Module 5: Formatting Microsoft Word Documents
This module explains how work with formatting in Microsoft Word.
- Selecting Text
- Selecting Fonts
- Working with Lists
- Inserting a Hyperlink in a Document
- Using Styles
- Using Themes
- Using the Ruler
- Setting Margins
Module 6: Editing Documents
This module explains how to edit documents in Microsoft Word.
- Find and Replace
- Find and Replace Tips
- Appending Text to a Document
- Using the Clipboard
Module 7: Finalizing Microsoft Word Documents
This module explains how to use various features to finalize Microsoft Word documents.
- Adding Page Numbers
- Headers and Footers
- Checking Spelling and Grammar
Module 8: Microsoft Word New Features Since 2013
This module explains how to use the Read Mode and the Object Zoom feature, which were new since 2013.
- Using Read Mode
- Object Zoom Feature
Module 9: New Features in Word 2016
This module explains how to the Tell Me and Smart Look up features, new to 2016.
- Tell Me
- Smart Lookup
- Tell Me